Location: Dartmouth Branch.
Are you a seasoned service professional with strong communication and organizational skills interested in building a career with a growing organization?
We are the leading company in Atlantic Canada that sells and services material handling equipment. We’re big
enough to provide with growth and opportunities, but we’re small enough that everyone will know you on a first
name basis. You may also like to know that Prime offers a full benefits program, including a Retirement Savings Plan (RSP).
A unique opportunity to join our team as a Service Dispatcher in our Dartmouth Branch awaits you. If you’re a self-motivated individual who is passionate about customer service, strategic thinker and have to ability to inspire other, this is the position for you.
As a Service Dispatcher you will:
- Receive calls from customers and assess the type of service mechanical/maintenance work needed.
- Schedule and coordinate all service calls as calls are received. Dispatch field and remote technicians to specific jobs based on the technician’s area of expertise on the equipment present at customer sites.
- Maintain on-call schedule for all Field and Remote Technicians.
- Assess troubleshooting requests addressed by technicians and transfer them to the Technical
Communicator for a resolution.
- Keep track of the technician workloads to ensure that work is allocated effectively and efficiently
- Utilize technician time efficiently by minimizing lost time between, before and after jobs and
minimize travel cost.
- Schedule PM’s (including TM & R and Rental units) that are under contract to Prime so they are
completed on time and any follow-up work is completed as requested by the customer.
- Work closely with Parts personnel to ensure the Service Technicians are receiving replacement parts
within a time-frame that exceeds customer needs.
- Update and maintain preventive maintenance list.
- Maintain service invoice log.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external customers.
- Strong ability to effectively utilize time by effectively scheduling to minimize lost time and travel costs.
- Attention to detail and problem solving.
- Ability to brainstorm techniques to create a variety of choices to solve issues on hand.
- High School Diploma.
- 5-7 years related experience in service dispatching.
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com
No phone calls please