- Determining if the parts required for the repair are on hand.
- Completing service reports and job timecards.
- Reviewing service reports with the customer and obtaining their authorization with regards to the competition of work.
- Checking with the Service Dispatcher before leaving the customer’s site to determine next customer scheduling.
- Working and adhering to the Company’s occupational health and safety guidelines.
- Completing paperwork that forms the basis for the Company’s service revenue billing system on a timely basis.
- Attending training as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by the Service Supervisor and Service Dispatcher.
- Previous experience in an industrial environment considered a strong asset.
- Previous electrical, diesel, hydraulic and heavy-duty equipment technical experience considered strong assets.
- Good analytical skills to diagnose mechanical problems with minimal supervision.
Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with customers in a varying range of situation. Are you a self-motivated technical professional with a strong mechanical aptitude interested in building a career with a prominent organization?
If so, Prime Material Handling Equipment Limited would love to hear from you!
We are the largest company in Atlantic Canada dedicated exclusively to material handling equipment; we have been providing our customers with high quality equipment, rentals, parts, training, and service since 1993. With branches located in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, we are looking for a Field Service Technician to join our Dartmouth Branch.
Reporting to the Service Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Diagnosing and repairing service equipment.
- Maintaining mechanical and physical condition of service equipment.
- Performing scheduled maintenance work.
- Managing van parts inventory.
- Maintaining customer’s equipment in a cost-effective manner.
- Responding to customer requests for service as assigned by the Service Dispatcher.
- Arriving at the customer’s site in an effort to determine the nature of the problem requiring repair.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to manage multiple jobs at one time.
- Ability to complete paperwork for multiple jobs accurately and timely.
- Automotive Service Technician/Red Seal Certification considered an asset.
Prime Material Handling Equipment offers a competitive salary, medical and dental plan, RSP and other benefits in a family-oriented, safe, and respectful work environment that continually encourages its greatest assets to learn and develop!
Develop your career with us by submitting your resume via email
No Phone Calls