Location: Prince Edward Island.
Are you a self-motived technical professional with a strong mechanical aptitude interested in building a career with aprominent organization?
If so, Prime Material Handling Equipment Limited would love to hear from you!
We are the largest company in Atlantic Canada dedicated exclusively to material handling equipment; we have been providing our customers with high quality equipment, rentals, parts and service since 1993. With branches located in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, we are looking for a Field Technician in Prince Edward Island to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Diagnosing and repairing service equipment.
- Maintaining mechanical and physical condition of service equipment.
- Performing scheduled maintenance work.
- Managing van parts inventory.
- Maintaining customer’s equipment in a cost-effective manner.
- Responding to customer requests for service as assigned by the Service Dispatcher.
- Arriving at the customer’s site in an effort to determine the nature of the problem requiring repair.
- Determining if the parts required for the repair are on hand.
- Completing service reports and job timecards.
- Reviewing service reports with the customer and obtaining their authorization in regards to the competition of work.
- Checking with the Service Dispatcher before leaving the customer’s site to determine next customer scheduling.
- Working and adhering to the Company’s occupational health and safety guidelines.
- Completing paperwork that forms the basis for the Company’s service revenue billing system on a timely basis.
- Attending training as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by the Field Service Supervisor and Service Dispatcher.
- Previous experience in an industrial environment considered a strong asset.
- Previous electrical, diesel, hydraulic and heavy duty equipment technical experience considered strong assets.
- Good analytical skills to diagnose mechanical problems with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with customers in a varying range of situation.
- Ability to manage multiple jobs at one time.Ability to complete paperwork for multiple jobs accurately and timely.
- Prime Material Handling Equipment offers a competitive salary, medical & dental plan, RSP and other benefits in a family-oriented, safe, and respectful work environment that continually encourages its greatest assets to learn and develop!
Develop your career with us by submitting your resume via email to:
No Phone Calls